Sunday, 6 November 2011

Angel hearts

This weekend I finally had a nice long block of time to sit down and sew. I only managed to get two blocks done, but it's a start. 6 more to go. 

I'm really glad I swapped around the fabric I used for the pieces that make up each section of the wings in each block. Adds a bit of visual interest without detracting from the generic pattern of the blocks as a group, I think. 

Also glad I picked red thread for the blanket stitches - red for love. Before I started, I wasn't sure if it would give enough definition to the outline of each part, but I really like how it's all turned out.


  1. Look at those amazing little stitches!!!
    Its looking great so far!

  2. Thanks Nat! It's even looking like the colours will all match and not clash horribly...phew :D


Please feel free to leave me/us a message. We would love to hear your thoughts.